The Hillsborough County Tax Collector's Office is seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team in the Information Technology Department as a Help Desk Specialist. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply! All candidates will be required to take an online job-related skills assessment. Applications will be accepted through September 20, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. .
Purpose: Works under the general supervision of the IT Service Desk Manager to monitor the help desk, overseeing various business, operational, and support functions of the Hillsborough County Tax Collector’s office in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Monitor help desk software, resolving routine support issues and assigning ticket to technicians, answer help desk phone
- Maintain and evaluate inventory records, process and receive orders, and check for accuracy
- Maintain and evaluate software license and hardware maintenance agreements
- Basic computer equipment setup and handling
- Prepare and distribute regularly scheduled reports and other documentation
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential