The Hillsborough County Tax Collector's Office is currently seeking a motivated and experienced individual to join our team in the Information Technology department as an IT Help Desk Analyst. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply! All candidates will be required to take an online job-related skills assessment. Applications will be accepted through September 20, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Purpose: Works under general direction of the IT Service Desk Manager to monitor the help desk as a front-line problem solver and to install and provide technical assistance to computer users on the use of computer hardware, software, and equipment exercising initiative and independent judgment based on professional education and previous experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
- Monitor help desk for problem tickets, perform initial triage and attempt to resolve problem
- Set up technical equipment for employee use ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems and software
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve routine problems with computers, software, and peripheral equipment
- Perform minor repairs to computer hardware or peripheral equipment following appropriate specifications
- Refer hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or appropriate technicians for service
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Drive vehicle to remote locations to deliver, pick up, install or repair equipment
- Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential